Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Soooo I went to see Catherine Hardwicke's Red Riding Hood preview...

Spoiler free :)
Yay, two-sided poster - awesome!

Super thanks to Michelle who wrote in with spare tickets to an early preview of Catherine Hardwicke's new movie Red Riding Hood here in Vancouver.

I took @CupcakeGirl76 as my plus one and hoped Billy Burke might swing by... no such luck!

So, the movie... I admit I was very excited by the trailer - it reminded me of how I felt seeing the original Twilight trailer - excited and fascinated with a touch of schmexy and mystery.

The film its-self looks beautiful: it has incredible mountainous panoramas; wooded fairy-tale villages; and the lighting goes from firey glows to icey stark...

Amanda "there's a 30% chance it's already raining" Seyfried is gorgeous and does a solid job with the script opposite Julie Christie (respect), Gary Oldman (I salute you, sir) Billy Burke (better with 'stache) and Max Irons (yeah, I would).

Now, Shiloh "almost Edward Cullen" Fernandez brings a good chemistry to the table and works hard at the role, even pulling off convincing schmexy time moments but... geez that boy's just
Align Leftnot pretty enough - just me?! He does that whole "I'm dangerous, you want me" thing well but I kept mentally thanking Kristen for not going there...

Plot wise, I don't want to give anything away but I will say the story honestly keeps you guessing - it's intriguing but... lacking, almost in that "New Moon Alice flash forward" kind of way - it could have been awesome - but only 20% as ridoncs.

Conclusion, I think it's definitely worth a watch - if only for the score which is quite a few kinds of tribal drum, deep voice, schmexy awesome - but Twilight it is not... sorry, Catherine x

- Lorabell

No comments:

Post a Comment